Closely related to nature in Spring & Autumn 2015
Guests of the family hotel STERN are invited to roll up their sleeves and help committed local people to reforest the organic fruit orchards on the Sun Plateau. These orchards are public property and everyone is allowed to harvest the fruits for his/her own private purpose.
Numerous studies report a decrease of 70% in organic fruit orchards in Central Europe in the past 50 years. This decline applies for the area used for such orchards, as well as for the number of trees planted there. Especially the number of apple trees as dramatically decreased. Together with regional interest groups from Obsteig the family hotel STERN for the first time organises the reforestation of these regional organic fruit orchards within its climate protection strategy. In spring the orchards are reforested and in autumn the orchards are fostered and online localized (tagged).
Equipped with a picnic basket and a map STERN guests head off to a Pick & Berry tour and discover places where wild herbs, berries, elder flower, nuts or fruits grow in their natural environment. What is found can be brought back to STERN. The chefs at the STERN kitchen are looking forward to see what the guests have found, taste the natural treasures and discuss how to use and cook them. Every year a cooking contest takes place where people can hand in their favourite recipie. And everyone is invited to tag the finding places with STERN's iPad at www.mundraub.org while e.g. relaxing in the sauna area"Unter de Sterndl'n" or having dinner at the restaurant.
Guests of the family hotel STERN are invited to roll up their sleeves and help committed local people to reforest the organic fruit orchards on the Sun Plateau. These orchards are public property and everyone is allowed to harvest the fruits for his/her own private purpose. A lot of fun is guaranteed! Apart from that, guests can experience Hay Snoring and spend a night in a typical hay barn in the middle of the Lärchenwiesen fields and can so feel how little is needed to be happy.
always in May, June and September
- Transfer to/from the railway station
- 8 days/7 nights in a STERN comfort room size S in the historical tavern
- 7 days nature half-board with regional and natural products for breakfast and dinner, every day lunch box
- Alpine Park hiking tour "following the tracks of nature" with a biologist and a hiking tour to the natural Gaistal valley
- Hay Snoring in the middle of the Lärchenwiesen fields
- Sauna and relaxing area "Unter de Sterndl’n“ with a magnificent view, relaxing beds made by a regional carpenter and an iPad reading-corner
- Pich & Berry tour with free iPad rental to tag the finding places, free maps for Pick & Berry tours, picnic basket and get-together with the STERN chefs to cook all the treasures found during the tour (two tiems a week)
- Reforestation (spring) and fostering/harvesting (autumn)of the larch tree fields and the organic fruit orchards together with STERN employees and local people
469.- € per person incl. all taxes