Closely related to nature in winter 2015: ski tours for beginners
The snow-covered fields and meadows on the Sun Plateau are a real paradise for individualists: guided hiking tours for free, snow shoe hiking, cross-country skiing or guided tobogganing tours to one of the multiple alpine huts that are also open in winter. An insider's tip is the tour to Lehnberghaus hut with a snack there and going down on a toboggan (4,5 km).
There is hardly any other winter sport that has experienced an equal upswing among the Tyrolean population in the past years as ski touring. Ski tours combine relaxation, physical exercise and nature experience like no other sport. Guests may dive into the magnificent winter landscape of the Tyrol, far from mass ski tourism.
When being on a ski tour one can enjoy the silence of the mountains, feel the fresh winter air when going up and regain energy in the winter sun at the mountain top at midday.
Security is the most important issue for René foeger ( a passionate ski tour fan himself) and his certified mountain guides. Guests learn what they need to know for a secure ski tour as they move in open alpine area. The Gruenberg mountain at Mieminger Plateau (1,000-1,500m) offers the perfect conditions for beginners and advanced athletes. Every day the difficulty of the ski tour increases to that guests improve their abilities. Hightlight of the week is a one-day tour in open area within the Tyrolean mountains. The tour is chosen according to weather and snow conditions by the guide. The guests will receive a packing list of what to bring, as well as tips for adequate clothing including weather protection.the professional skiing equipement, including an avalanche protection system is provided for free.
- 17. - 24. January 2015 / 28. February - 7. March 2015 (7 nights)
- 15. - 18. January 2015 / 12. - 15. March 2015 (3 nights, weekend)
(On request we also offer individual dates)
The ski tour beginners program includes a professional, certified mountain guide and professional equipment (skis, shoes, sticks and avalanche protection system)
- Transfer to/from railway station
- 8 days/ 7 nights STERN comfort room size S in the historic building
- 7 days NATURE half-board with regional and natural products for breakfast and dinner, as well as an afternoon snack and energy lunch box with hot tea for the tour
- Sauna and relaxing area „Unter de Sterndl’n“ with a magnificent mountain viel, relaxing beds and iPad reading corner
Beginners program (7 days)
- Sun: Beginners meeting with introduction and getting to know each other; trial skiing at Gruenberg
- Mon: beginners tour at Gruenberg
- Tue: deep powder snow skiing in Kühtai with snow and avalanche tutorial (incl. ski pass)
- Wed: Second ski tour at Mieminger Plateau
- Thu: Ski tour in alpine area to the Wankspitze mountain top or to Sellraintal valley
775.- € per person incl. all taxes
Beginners program (weekend)
- Thu: Beginners meeting with introduction and getting to know each other
- Fri: Beginners ski tour at Gruenberg
- Sat: Thu: Ski tour in alpine area to the Wankspitze mountain top or to Sellraintal valley
365.- € per person incl. all taxes