The sunniest winter in the Tyrol
Far from the skiing mass tourism you can really enjoy winter at the Mieminger Plateau. Lovely sunshine, untouched nature and a wide-spread network of cross-country routes and hiking paths.
- 9 km2 of landscape conservation area with the famous larch fields
- 80 km of prepared walking paths through fields and forests covered in snow (starting straight at the hotel)
- 110 km of Nordic walking park with and without sticks to the most beautiful spots on the sun plateau (straight from the hotel)
- Tobogganing runs on the Lehnberg and Simmering
- Natural bob run
- Ice skating rink and Alpine Curling track (in Mieming and Telfs)
- Torch hike with the hotel boss
- Horse-drawn carriage ride (straight from the hotel)
- 120 km of perfectly maintained cross-country skiing runs with high altitude run and skating runs (starting at the hotel)
- Snow shoe hikes across the fields and woods or along mountain routes to wonderful view points
- Rental of snow shoes free of charge at the hotel
- Ski tour courses for beginners with guide and equipment
- Ski tour equipment incl. avalanche rescue device free of charge at the hotel
Small skiing area with guaranteed snow for families with kids and beginners:
- Three magic carpets for ski beginners – the comfortable way of getting up the mountain
- Drag lift for advanced learners
- Free ski pass for the whole family
- Ski courses with certified instructors and ski rental at reduced prices for STERN guests
- Tobogganing route, kids playground and restaurant to warm up again
- Ski bus and hotel shuttle bus to the skiing area (approx. 1.5 km from hotel); ski storage at the hotel
- Free ski bus from the hotel to the skiing area of Hochötz (in 20 min at 2.200 m a.s.l.)
- Big ski areas near the hotel (20 – 40 km): Seefeld, Oetztal, Kuethai, Pitztal, Axamer Lizum
- Ski touring for beginners with free rental of equipment incl. avalanche security devise
Ski School Mieminger Plateau - Obsteig
The Ski School in Obsteig looks back at a long history. The young generation of the Schaber family is now managing the family business with a lot of enthusiasm and new ideas. STERN guests receive a special discount and may book kids skiing lessons with an experienced skiing instructor for only € 98,- (Mon-Fri, 2 hours/day). For advanced learners lessons in the skiing area Hochötz are offered.
At the professional ski shop STERN guests receive a discount of 10% on rental and service prices. Snowboard lessons, beginners lessons for adults, cross-country lessons for beginners and private lessons are offered on request.
Brand new & fresh! ... that's how this new ski school presents itself. STERN guests may choose from a wide range of services with professional ski instructors and mountain guides: Kids ski/snowboard lessons (Mon-Fri, 2 hours/day), also for advanced learners in Hochötz for € 100,-. Freestyle lessons for teens or cross country skating lessons are also offered. Private lessons and rental of cross country skating skis on request.
Ski bus to Grünberglift and for cross-country routes and hiking tours to Holzleiten. It is free of charge, not only for our guests, but also for local people. Please, always have your guest card with you.
With the guest card of the holiday region of Sun Plateau Mieming and Central Tyrol you may enjoy numerous activities during your stay free of charge or at reduced prices.